Monday 12 September 2016

A Saturday in September

Last Friday, I finished work early and travelled to O.K.'s straight from the office, arriving there a little after 6:00 pm. I spent all weekend there, and a very nice, summery weekend it was, too.
Among other things, we went for a walk on Saturday evening, catching the beautiful sunset and enjoying the peace and quiet of the countryside surrounding the village where O.K. lives.

Some views in these pictures I already showed you in this post in March and here in May - of course it looked different then; nowhere is the change of seasons more visible than on the fields, in the orchards and woods.

Still at home, the view from my kitchen window at 7:00 on Friday morning:


Walking near O.K.'s village on Saturday evening, just before 7:00 pm:
 



Kay, these are for you and your Dad:


A palace in the distance...
 ...and zoomed in:

The vineyards are at their most beautiful now: 



I had not expected to see fields of rapeseed again - they are a common sight here in late spring/early summer, but I can not remember them being in full bloom this time of the year:
 

Soft evening light, about an hour after we had started our walk:
 


According to my digital camera, two minutes were between this picture and the next:
 



Back towards the village at a quarter past 8:00: 


By 9:00 pm, it is pitch black dark now, and the stars are out in full force - many more are visible here than in town, of course. On a particularly clear night, you can even see the Milky Way from O.K.'s balcony - which is particularly nice when you sit there with the man you're in love with, sipping on a freshly poured gin tonic.

13 comments:

  1. What you have seen wasn't rapseed, but field mustard. They grow it for green fertilizer.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks, Mum! You're right, of course, and I should have known.

      Delete
  2. What a lovely weekend you had! O.K. lives in a beautiful place.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. He does indeed! There's more to come when I'll show you the pictures of where we went on Sunday.

      Delete
  3. Such lovely photographs! You make me homesick for my days in Germany! And perhaps for the youth I had then! ;->

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you, Kristi! I am glad that you can relate to what I show, even if you have not been at each and every same place as I.

      Delete
  4. From sunrise to sundown, it was a wonderful SUNday! Thanks for thinking of me and my Dad when you saw the sunflowers! And to see the Milky Way! Richard and I did on our honeymoon in 1983 in Fontana, North Carolina which was the one and only time I have seen it.
    And I meant to say, I also love the photo of the grapes!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Oh me, I just realized that this was the Saturday post and not the Sunday one (just read them at the same time and mixed them together). I really don't mean to make so many errors in life, they just keep happening! :-)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Actually, your "error" suits the theme much better, doesn't it - you're right, the pictures range from sunrise to sunset, something I wasn't even thinking about when I put the post together! See, it takes two of us to make a good post :-)

      Glad you saw the Milky Way on your honeymoon. It's a bit like when you spot a shooting star, isn't it - something I consider very romantic on the one hand; on the other hand it just leaves me in awe of the wondrous world around us.

      Delete
  6. You take the most beautiful walks. Were there no other people at all?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. This was only a short walk round the fields and woods around the village, after cake and coffee and before dinner :-)
      There were only few people about, as it would have been dinner time for most of them (and village people still eat at traditional meal times).

      Delete
  7. The light can be so soft and beautiful at this time of year: so different to Spring. That was a lovely walk to join you on.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It was a lovely day! Glad you enjoyed the pictures, too.

      Delete